Before you come to our practice with your children, here’s some information to help you and your children make your first visit to the dentist a happy occasion.
- Come to the practice rested and relaxed. When making an appointment, make sure that the appointment fits into your daily rhythm and is not, for example, when you usually put your child to bed.
- Make sure that the day you visit the dentist is otherwise free of stress.
- Arouse your child’s curiosity about the upcoming “visit to the dentist” event.
- Avoid phrases such as “Don’t be afraid” or “It won’t hurt”.
- The treatment team proceeds step by step to gently introduce your child to the treatment situation.
- Bring patience along with you. Treatments for children are somewhat more time-consuming because less is done per session than for adults. In most cases, several appointments are necessary in order to build trust, among other things.
- Praise your child after the treatment!
- Please don’t promise any gifts as a reward. Especially things that your child may wish for very much put your child under too much pressure during the treatment.
Together we will make your child’s visit to the dentist a pleasurable experience. We look forward to you and your children!
Dr Leonie Brolund